Austin Accident Lawyer
Accidents that cause injuries come in many different types, but when someone else was at fault for causing yours, you can seek compensation with help from an Austin accident lawyer.
Any injury-causing accident can be a traumatizing experience due to pain, loss of work, and the emotional turmoil it causes you and your family. Your medical bills may be piling up due to the high cost of healthcare, adding an additional strain to your recovery.
Often preventable, negligence is the reason most accidents occur. If you were injured in an accident that was the fault of another person, a business, or even a government entity, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against those responsible to recover monetary damages.
Your recovery is likely to be a difficult journey for you and your family, and the process of recovering compensation to pay your bills can be an overwhelming experience. Fortunately, an Austin accident lawyer from Colley & Colley, LLP can help you get your life back by filing an injury claim seeking compensation.
The Many Types of Injury-Causing Accidents
No matter what type of accident you experienced, you deserve to recover financial compensation for your injuries. Proving fault is the key element in recovering compensation. In order to recover full compensation, our firm will thoroughly investigate the accident in order to build the most compelling case possible.
An Austin accident lawyer from our office can help you regardless of what type of accident you were involved in. Detailed below are just a few of the scenarios that might qualify for a personal injury claim:
- Motor Vehicle Crashes – If you were injured in a car, truck, bus, plane, train, boat, or motorcycle accident, you can seek damages from the liable party.
- Medical Malpractice – You can seek damages from a healthcare provider, such as a hospital, pharmacist, dentist, or surgeon, who injured you due to medical negligence.
- Workplace Injuries – In addition to workers comp, you can file a personal injury claim against a negligent third party who is not related to your company. This may include a manufacturer of defective or malfunctioning equipment or machinery, a third-party contractor, or a property owner.
- Product Liability Accidents – When your injury is caused by a defective or malfunctioning product, you can pursue damages from the product manufacturer, distributor, retailer, or advertiser.
- Premises Liability Accidents – If you were injured on another person’s property or on a commercial property, you can seek damages from the property owner or business. Examples include slip-and-falls, dog bites, and toxic chemicals.
- Wrongful Death – You can seek recovery of your losses if you lost a loved one due to the careless act of another.
Collecting Compensation for an Accident
Skillfully negotiating with insurance companies is a crucial factor in getting the financial payout you deserve for you and your family. Insurance companies are in the business of making money and increasing profits for their shareholders. It’s unfortunate, but they can profit by undervaluing and denying as many claims as possible.
Colley & Colley, LLP will not let the insurers take advantage of you. We will battle it out with the insurer and their legal team to make sure you get fair and full compensation for your injury.
Your Austin accident lawyer will determine what the value of your claim is by assessing all the losses—both financial and non-economic—you have incurred that are related to the accident. Damages that you might be able to include in your demand for compensation can include any of the following that apply to your case:
- Any current and future medical expenses related to your injuries, including surgeries, procedures, rehabilitation, physical therapy, medications, and medical devices and equipment
- All lost wages and future potential earning power
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life
- All property damage and repair
- Any modifications made to your home and vehicle to accommodate your injuries
- Loss of companionship and lost sexual function
Contact an Austin Injury Lawyer Today
To obtain the full settlement you are entitled to, contact Colley & Colley, LLP to make sure you secure the financial compensation you deserve for you and your family.
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to all new clients. Call our office today at 1-877-411-2001 to schedule an appointment with an experienced and knowledgeable Austin accident lawyer. For your convenience, you can also contact us by filling out our online form below. We don’t get paid unless we win compensation on your behalf, so there’s no risk involved in exploring your legal options.