Austin Road Rage Car Accident Lawyer
Aggressive drivers are some of most dangerous hazards on the road. If you were hurt by one, hold him or her accountable with the help of an Austin road rage car accident lawyer.
Driving down the highway and getting harassed by a road rage driver can be a terrifying experience. You do whatever you can to avoid confrontation, but the aggressive driver persists, causing you to crash. Now you are hurt, your car is damaged, and you have mounting medical bills and are unable to work.
Reckless, aggressive driving is serious. When you are injured by a person with harmful intentions, you can pursue financial compensation for your injuries.
These situations should not to be taken lightly. Healing and recovery may mean lost time at work, sky-high medical bills, and dealing with debilitating emotional trauma. Getting in touch with an Austin road rage car accident lawyer from Colley & Colley will help you understand your options for the best outcome to your case.
Was Your Wreck Caused by Aggressive Driving?
Drivers who lose their temper and become angry can lead to situations where their erratic behavior threatens you and other drivers on the road. When your collision resulted from a deliberate attempt to harass or harm you, you should hold the person accountable for his or her actions.
Road rage behaviors begin with an irrational and unstable diver who intentionally wants to bully and harass you. Sometimes this irrational behavior leads to serious and aggressive actions that cause injuries and death.
Signs of an Enraged Driver
If any of the following signs were present in the lead-up to your crash, aggressive driving might have been involved. This could entitle you to a substantial financial settlement, possibly even including punitive damages.
- Verbal Threats – You might see the driver pointing, yelling, or cursing. The enraged driver might pull up next to you and begin screaming and making gestures with fingers and hands.
- Aggressive Tailgating – The driver might get as close as possible to the rear of your car as if he or she intends to collide into you.
- Cutting Off Drivers – The irrational driver could suddenly pull into your lane to get in front of you, either intentionally driving slowly to bully you or dangerously applying brakes to cause you to crash.
- Switching Lanes Recklessly – An aggressive driver might weave and swerve in and out of lanes to get in front of you and then back behind you to force a collision.
- Following You – An out of control person may start to follow you until he or she succeeds in hurting you or causing you to crash.
- Getting Out of the Car – The road rage driver might get out of the vehicle to confront you with physical violence or with the use of a weapon.
Contact an Austin Aggressive Driving Car Accident Lawyer
Colley & Colley understands the pain and confusion that follow an accident. We will work hard to protect your right to recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries. We will thoroughly investigate your accident and collect the evidence necessary to achieve a positive outcome for your injury claim.
To set up a free, no-obligation case evaluation, contact us at 1-877-411-2001 or simply fill out our online form below. There is never an obligation to proceed, and we don’t receive a fee unless we recover a settlement for you.