Austin Sideswipe Accident Lawyer
Sideswipe accidents can happen at any time and any place—and when you least expect it. Lane changing, merging cars, and reckless driving are all causes of serious car wrecks that result in severe and catastrophic injuries.
Medical care for your sideswipe injuries can be costly and cost you income because you are unable to work, causing you to go into major debt. Filing a personal injury claim against the negligent person can enable you to recover the money you need to pay your medical bills and other costs related to the crash.
Seeking a fair and full settlement for your sideswipe injuries may prove more difficult than you think. Lots of paperwork and haggling with insurance companies can be frustrating and time consuming. To help you seek the compensation you are entitled to, an Austin sideswipe accident lawyer from Colley & Colley, LLP will be on your side every step of the way.
Austin Sideswipes and Their Causes
Sideswipe accidents can happen in many different ways. To get you the highest possible payout, a lawyer from our firm will build a strong case through an in-depth investigation to determine the exact cause. Once negligence is proven, we can move forward and begin negotiating a settlement.
Common sideswipe accident causes can include the following:
- Blind Spots – Many sideswipe accidents occur because a driver fails to check the blind spot before changing lanes.
- Aggressive or Reckless Driving – Reckless and aggressive behavior is dangerous to other drivers.
- Failing to Yield or Stop at an Intersection – Failing to yield or illegally rolling through a stop can cause sideswipe accidents.
- Improper Lane Change or Merging – Drivers who fail to make sure lanes are clear or who cut across traffic can be held liable.
- Distracted Driving – Drivers can be distracted by texting, talking to other passengers, eating, using their cell phones, or other distractions.
- Drunk Driving – Speeding or weaving in and out of lanes while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can impair judgment of the driver’s own abilities
We Will Handle Negotiations
Don’t let insurance companies and the opposing lawyers take advantage of you. Insurers want to deflect blame to avoid paying you a full settlement. They will offer a payout only for immediate needs such as medical bills and lost income, and they will purposely leave out additional damages such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, out-of-pocket costs, and future medical treatment and procedures related to the sideswipe accident.
Aggressively negotiating on your behalf, a lawyer from our firm will ensure that all of your losses are accounted for so that you can get the maximum payout you are entitled to.
Contact an Austin Sideswipe Car Accident Lawyer
The lawyers of Colley & Colley, LLP are here to help you win a successful outcome for your sideswipe accident claim. For a free, no-obligation consultation, call 1-877-411-2001 or simply fill out our online form below to learn more.