Austin SUV Rollover Accident Lawyer
A rollover accident can be a traumatizing experience, and it can leave you with serious, life-changing injuries. The cost of medical treatment can be a huge blow to your finances, leaving you in debt and potentially unable to work.
If your accident was caused the careless actions of another, you can seek compensation for your injuries and related expenses.
Although collecting a settlement sounds relatively simple, it’s actually more difficult than it initially seems. But the Austin attorneys at Colley & Colley, LLP aren’t intimidated by the complex legal processes, dealings with insurance companies, and other difficulties that accompany car accident injury claims.
What Causes a Rollover Crash?
Your primary focus after your SUV rollover is likely to be getting the compensation you need for your injuries, but establishing what caused your crash is an integral part of that process.
That’s because determining who or what caused your crash is the first step in deciding who to name in your claim. Your attorney will review evidence like witness statements, vehicle recalls, traffic cam footage and photographs, and police reports to find out who’s at fault.
Some common causes of SUV rollover crashes include the following:
- Bad Designs – The added height of SUVs can contribute to an increased risk for rollover crashes. If the design of your car appears to be a contributing factor in your crash, you may be able to name the car’s manufacturer in your claim.
- Defective Parts – Similar to a poor SUV design, a defective part can cause an accident. If, for example, a defective tire burst while you were driving and caused your rollover accident, you might be able to name the tire manufacturer in your claim.
- Other Drivers – Other drivers are likely the most common cause of SUV rollovers. Everything from driver error to distracted driving to driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can be considered negligence when it leads to a rollover crash.
- Hazardous Conditions – The condition of the road you’re on can affect your risk for an SUV rollover accident. Unmarked construction sites, potholes, and slick pavement can all lead to crashes, and they may be the responsibility of an agency that has been tasked with maintaining safe road conditions.
- Poorly Designed Roads – Roads should be safe for safe drivers. If a sharp, unexpected turn caused your SUV to flip, for example, the agency responsible for designing or constructing the road may be liable for your accident.
How Is Your Settlement Determined?
Determining how much your claim is worth is a detailed and complicated process that often requires the advice of an attorney. You may know some of the immediate expenses you’ve incurred after your rollover crash, but what about your future needs? What about the time you’ve had to spend away from work?
A qualified attorney can make sure your claim lists all the damages associated with your accident so you receive a settlement that includes everything you need it to.
Items you may name in your claim include the following:
- Current and future medical treatment
- Lost income and future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
Reach Out to a Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in a rollover accident in your SUV, let an Austin SUV rollover accident lawyer handle the complicated legal processes and negotiations to get you the settlement you deserve. Call 1-877-411-2001 or contact us via our online contact form at the bottom of the page to get started.