Austin Injury Lawyer
Has a serious injury left you dealing with unforeseen medical bills and other losses? If someone else was responsible, an Austin injury attorney can help you recover the compensation you’re owed.
Whether you suffered a broken bone, a severe burn, or some other type of wound, any injury can add unwanted stress and pain to your life. The physical and emotional suffering can weigh heavily on you and your family, not to mention the financial burdens associated with recovery.
What is especially unfortunate is that in many cases, injuries are caused by the negligence of another. If you were the victim of such an accident, then you have the legal right to seek compensation for your damages through a personal injury claim.
Seeking compensation can make for a complicated process, however, and in order to recover a full monetary payout, you will need an experienced legal advocate knowledgeable in Texas personal injury law to help you win your case.
An Austin injury lawyer from Colley & Colley, LLP is standing by and ready to help you obtain the comprehensive compensation you are entitled to for your damages and losses.
Seeking Compensation for Any Injury Type
A wide variety of injuries can result from any type of serious accident. Detailed below are some of the most commonly seen, along with the damages victims might be entitled to:
- Amputations – When you’ve lost a limb because of an accident, your entire life will change. You might have to switch jobs, renovate your home, and purchase special equipment—and that doesn’t even touch on the damage done to your mental wellbeing.
- Brain Damage – The effects of head trauma can be unpredictable. You might experience memory losses, personality changes, physical limitations, and emotional disorders, just to name a few. Every way that your brain injury impacts your life needs to be compensated.
- Broken Bones and Fractures – Broken bones are among the most common injuries that result from accidents, but are as serious as any other type. A bone injury can result in immense pain and suffering, require extensive medical care, and make it impossible to work.
- Severe Burns – Contact with fire, hot surfaces, and certain chemicals, may result in serious burns to your skin, which in turn can lead to intense pain, limited mobility, and scarring that requires expensive reconstructive surgery to repair.
- Spinal Injuries – A spine injury can be incredibly difficult to recover from, even when it doesn’t result in paralysis. Whether you suffer chronic pain or a permanent disability, we’ll help you recover full compensation for what you’ve been through.
It should be noted that some injuries are delayed and don’t manifest symptoms until well after the accident. Thus, it is extremely important to seek medical attention promptly and receive a full diagnostic evaluation.
Insurance Companies Want to Pay You Less
In the aftermath of your accident, the insurance company of the negligent party will offer the lowest settlement possible in order to keep their costs down.
These companies are nearly always more concerned with making money than with your wellbeing and recovery. Working with an Austin injury lawyer will enable you to deal with these entities on an even footing, thereby preventing you from being taken advantage of.
Our firm can build a case that clearly demonstrates how your injury has impacted your life, what medical care your recovery will require, and the full extent of your losses.
From the moment that your injury attorney begins work on your case, the goal will be to recover the maximum amount of compensation that you are owed.
Valuing Your Injury Claim
A plethora of factors, both economic and non-economic, can influence the value of your claim. Your injury lawyer will work closely with you to uncover all of the damages you’ve experienced because of the other side’s negligence
These are just a few examples of the damages you might qualify for:
- Lost income and future earning ability
- Medical expenses, both present and future
- Rehabilitation and therapy costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship and sexual function
We will carefully consider all of the above and more in order to determine the full value of your claim. With our help, you’ll recover the compensation you need to pick up the pieces and get your life back to normal.
Contact an Austin Injury Attorney
Coping with the aftermath of an accident and the injuries it caused can be a traumatic experience. Colley & Colley, LLP can ease your burden by recovering full compensation for your losses.
To speak with a qualified Austin injury lawyer during a free, no-pressure consultation, call 1-877-411-2001 or contact us online through the form below.