Austin Wrongful Death Lawyer
The loss of a loved one is a devastating tragedy under any circumstances—easily one of the most painful experiences anyone can go through. However, it’s even more heart wrenching when your loved one’s death was caused by the negligence and wrongdoing of another.
Coping with the emotional pain following a loved one’s death is unbearable, and the last thing you should have to be concerned about is the financial worry that accompanies the aftermath.
While no amount of money can take the place or your loved one, an Austin wrongful death lawyer from Colley & Colley, LLP can help you get the compensation you rightfully deserve to forge ahead with your family’s future.
Causes of Wrongful Death in Texas
Wrongful death claims seek to recover damages for surviving family members. There are many types of accidents that can cause the wrongful death of another, including any of the following:
- Car, Truck, and Motorcycle Accidents – Motor vehicle crashes are easily one of the most common sources of both personal injuries and wrongful deaths.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Crash victims who were on foot are at very high risk of dying during the impact and from their injuries afterward.
- Oilfield Accidents – Whether from a sudden fire or an equipment failure, oilfield accidents often result in fatalities.
- Premises Liability Accidents – Property owners have a duty of care to provide for their visitors, potentially making them responsible for a death that occurs on their grounds.
- Construction Accidents – From electrocution to falling objects, the construction injury presents its workers with a number of dangers every day.
- Medical Malpractice – If a doctor or other healthcare provider’s negligence caused your loved one’s death, they should absolutely compensate you.
- Defective Products – When a dangerous product makes its way to market, the manufacturer is responsible for any injuries or deaths that occur.
No matter what the cause of your loved one’s death, you deserve a compassionate Austin wrongful death lawyer who will aggressively pursue compensation from the negligent party responsible for your loved one’s death. Your family needs to begin the healing process, which starts with securing your financial wellbeing.
Who Can Sue For Wrongful Death in Texas?
The deceased victim’s spouse, children, and parents may file for wrongful death in Texas. If these relations decline to file within three months of the death, then the personal representative of the deceased’s estate may file instead.
If you aren’t certain if you’re eligible to file, an Austin wrongful death lawyer from our firm can help you determine if you have the right to proceed with a claim.
Financial Damages for Wrongful Death
Determining damages in a wrongful death claim is complex because you simply cannot put a price tag on the worth of your loved one’s life. An Austin wrongful death lawyer experienced in these situations will know how to assess the value of your case and develop a settlement that takes into account all of your damages, including the following:
- Medical expenses related to the accident
- Funeral expenses
- Projected loss of future income
- Projected future financial contributions such as mortgage and tuition
- Loss of companionship and guidance
It’s important to note that if any criminal charges are cleared, the negligent person may still be found responsible for damages in a wrongful death lawsuit. We can help you with the legalities of your case and fight to obtain the full compensation you and your family need.
Texas Wrongful Death Statute of Limitations
It’s important to file your wrongful death claim as soon after the accident as possible. Texas provides survivors with a two-year statute of limitations in which to file their lawsuit.
Many families make the mistake of assuming this is plenty of time, but waiting can make it difficult to collect the necessary evidence and find witnesses. As a result, it’s within your best interests to contact an Austin wrongful death lawyer from our firm and begin the legal process immediately.
Speak with an Austin Wrongful Death Lawyer
Nobody should have to experience the death of a loved one because of the negligence of another. If you lost a loved one due to the negligence or wrongdoing of someone else, an experienced and skilled Austin wrongful death lawyer from Colley & Colley, LLP will help you recover the maximum compensation possible for your claim.
Call 1-877-411-2001 and speak to a compassionate attorney to discuss how we can help you. Alternatively, you can also reach us through our online contact form below. There is never an obligation to proceed, so there’s no risk involved—just an honest legal evaluation explaining all of your options.