What to Do in Case of an Accident
If you are in an accident there may not be much time to think. Be prepared. Read and follow the basic instructions below.
Motorcycle and Auto Accident Victims
“What actions should I take after an accident?”
- Make sure that you get all relevant information from the other drivers involved in the accident. This includes name, address, phone numbers, place of work, insurance information. It is best to view the insurance card personally.
- Call authorities, especially if you or others have injuries.
- Take pictures if possible. Most cell phones are handy for this.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you think you are OK, an evaluation is usually a good idea as many strains and sprains don’t show up until the next day or so.
- Don’t make any admissions regarding fault. Keep in your memory any statements made by the other driver.
- Check to see if there are bystanders who witnessed the accident. Get their contact information. Witnesses are often not around by the time the police arrive, and their input my be critical.
- Talk with an attorney of your choice. Board Certified Specialists usually have the most experience.