Austin Motorcycle Accident Neck Injury Lawyer
Motorcycles are a fun and exciting way to get around Austin and throughout Texas. However, sharing roads and highways with cars, trucks, and buses must be undertaken with safety in mind.
Motorcycle accidents happen far too often, seriously injuring thousands of bikers each year. The larger size and weight of cars and trucks easily overpowers motorcycles, and without airbags and seat belts to protect riders, injuries can be catastrophic.
One of the most painful injuries experienced in motorcycle accidents is a neck injury. The sheer force of the impact can cause serious neck trauma that requires significant medical care, so an Austin motorcycle accident neck injury lawyer from Colley & Colley, LLP is crucial to protecting your legal rights.
Whiplash and Other Neck Injuries Seen in Motorcycle Wrecks
Motorcycle accidents can cause major trauma to the neck, a vital and vulnerable part of your body. Depending upon the impact sustained, damage to your neck may result in pain not only in the neck area, but also pain in the shoulders, headaches, and tingling or numbness in your arms and legs.
Motorcycle crash neck injuries may include any of the following:
- Whiplash – If the wreck forces your head to move back and forth forcefully, damage to the soft tissue of your neck can result, which will then cause severe neck pain.
- Nerve Pinch Injury – A pinched nerve in the neck can produce sharp, shooting sensations in the neck and arms.
- Disc Injury – Damage to the discs between the vertebrae can cause the nerves in the neck to become irritated, resulting in pain traveling from the neck down to the arms and legs.
- Vertebral Fracture – A cervical vertebra in your neck could fracture, leading to paralysis or even death. This kind of neck injury is always considered a medical emergency because a spinal fracture can damage the spinal cord.
- Spinal Cord Damage – Spinal cord damage disrupts the brain’s ability to communicate with the rest of the body. These injuries can cause nerve damage leading to partial or complete paralysis—and even death.
Compensation for Your Motorcycle Crash Neck Injury
Neck injuries usually take time to treat and heal, resulting in costly medical bills, lost wages and income, and lengthy time spend in physical rehabilitation.
Many neck injuries are not apparent immediately following a motorcycle accident. For this reason, you shouldn’t wait to seek medical attention and should contact our firm as soon as possible after your motorcycle wreck. The sooner we can begin working on your case, the sooner you can receive the funds you need to pay for your recovery.
Consult with an Austin Motorcycle Accident Whiplash Attorney
After suffering a neck injury in a motorcycle accident, an Austin motorcycle accident neck injury lawyer from Colley & Colley, LLP will be dedicated to recovering the maximum compensation available for your neck injury.
Experienced in representing motorcycle victims, our firm will work hard for the best possible outcome to your claim. Call us at 1-877-411-2001 to speak to a capable attorney and set up a free, no-obligation legal evaluation today. You can also reach us via our online contact form below.