Austin Motorcycle Left-Turn Collision Lawyer
You were involved in a motorcycle crash because someone decided to make a left turn into your path. You suffered serious injuries that are putting a huge dent into your bank account. And now you want to take action to recover the losses you incurred from the harm inflicted upon you. Because your collision was caused by a negligent act, you have the right to pursue financial compensation for your damages and losses.
You might be overwhelmed at the thought of how to go about filing a lawsuit on your own. Because not all attorneys are created equal, finding the right legal help is crucial in securing a large settlement for your injuries. Fortunately, to get the help you need, an Austin motorcycle left-turn collision lawyer from Colley & Colley, LLP is just what you need.
Causes of Left-Turn Motorcycle Collisions
Confirming the cause of the motorcycle crash is the first critical element in proceeding with your claim. From talking to occupants in the car to driving while intoxicated, there are many negligent reasons a left-turn collision can occur. It’s important to discover cause and determine fault to move forward.
Common reasons a left-turn motorcycle collision would occur include the following:
- Driving While Distracted – Texting, talking on a cell phone, eating, and passengers in your vehicle can distract the other driver
- Driving While Intoxicated – Whether by alcohol or drugs
- Driver Error – Failing to use turn signals, failing to yield, or failing stop at a stop sign or red light
- Excessive Speed – When a driver makes a turn too fast and did not see you in his or her path
- Reckless Driving – Intentionally disobeying traffic laws
The Ins and Outs of Haggling with Insurance
The most important element of getting a large settlement is skillfully negotiating with insurance companies. Insurers want to payout as little as possible, avoiding many of your losses so that they can hold on to their profits.
Because of the stereotype that motorcyclists are reckless drivers, insurers will try to leverage a smaller settlement even though you were not at fault for the accident. We know their tactics and will fight for the full payout you are owed.
Damages You Can Recover for Your Injuries
Your accident may have completely changed your life. Simple everyday activities that you used to do with ease may now be difficult. Because of your physical, emotional, and financial challenges, our firm will ensure all of your damages are considered to secure a comprehensive settlement, including any of the following that apply to your case:
- Medical costs, current and future
- Lost wages and potential future income
- Medical equipment and any renovations to your home or vehicle required due to your injuries
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death