Austin Premises Liability Lawyer
Most of us don’t think about getting injured while enjoying ourselves out and about in beautiful Austin while shopping, dining, or simply appreciating the scenery. Unfortunately, accidents happen, and people can slip, trip, and fall, sustaining serious injuries as the result of the negligence of another.
When you have been injured by the dangerous conditions found on someone’s property, you could have grounds for a premises liability case. In order to recover financial compensation for your damages and injuries, the guidance of an Austin premises liability lawyer from Colley & Colley, LLP will be crucial in understanding your legal rights.
What Is Premises Liability?
Premises liability refers to any type of accident caused by a condition on someone's property. To prevent people from getting hurt, property owners have a responsibility to ensure that their property is hazard free. In Texas, property owners may be responsible for personal injuries suffered while visiting or using their property.
There are a multitude of dangerous conditions that can be found on commercial, residential, private, and public properties that can lead to people getting injured. Your Austin premises liability lawyer will help you demonstrate precisely how the property owner was responsible for the conditions that led to your accident.
Dangerous conditions in premises liability scenarios may include any of the following:
- Snow and ice
- Poor lighting
- Construction violations
- Slippery floors
- Broken steps
- Uneven walkways
- Improper maintenance
- Dog or animal attacks
- Dangerous swimming pool conditions
- Electrocution due to faulty wiring
- Falling objects such as tree limbs, signs, or wall decorations
- Lack of security
Examples of Premises Liability
While every premises liability case is different, the one thing they all have in common is that the owner did not take proper responsibility to keep his or her property safe and hazard free.
There are countless potential scenarios of premises liability accidents that could lead to minor or serious injuries—and these accidents can easily be fatal.
- Trip and Fall – A step is broken in an entrance to a business, and it is known to cause people to trip. The business does not fix the step or put up a sign to warn their customers of the danger. The business owes a duty of care to its customers to provide them with safe conditions on the property. This means that the business is responsible for any injuries that occur because of the step.
- Slip and Fall – The weather has been snowy, rainy, and cold with ice forming on sidewalks and streets. A business fails to remove ice and snow at the entrance, whether with salt or by shoveling to ensure their customers do not slip and fall. They also fail to warn customers that the sidewalk may be icy and slippery. They are negligent and liable for any slip and fall accidents that happen because of the situation.
- Personal Injury – A restaurant with an outdoor patio and dining area is located in an area with trees that need trimming. A large dead branch breaks off the tree and falls onto the head of a patron, causing severe injuries. The restaurant is negligent because they did not properly maintain their grounds and property.
Even if you experienced an accident unlike those described above, you could still have a premises liability case if property owner negligence was the root cause. Consult with an Austin premises liability lawyer from our office to determine if you should proceed with legal action.
Types of Injuries from Premises Liability Accidents
Austin premises liability accidents can cause catastrophic injuries, resulting in endless medical expenses and permanent or long-term loss of income. Some of the more debilitating premises liability injuries are listed below:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Torn or strained ligaments and tendons
- Internal injuries
- Wrongful death
Seeking medical attention should be your first priority after suffering any of these injuries. Once you have been diagnosed and been prescribed a course of treatment, call us to speak with an Austin premises liability lawyer.
Get Compensated for Your Injuries
A premises liability accident could leave you injured and facing massive debt as a result. Your Austin premises liability lawyer will accurately assess your accident and ensure that your claim includes the full cost of your accident.
You can pursue compensation for all of the following items:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost income and wages
- Therapy for emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Caretaker expenses
Contact an Austin Premises Liability Lawyer
If you were the victim of an accident caused by dangerous premises, please contact an Austin premises liability lawyer from Colley & Colley, LLP today. We understand the complex laws of premises liability in the state of Texas, and we will work aggressively to recover the compensation you deserve.
Call an Austin premises liability lawyer for your free consultation by dialing 512-477-2001. You can also contact us online by filling out our contact form below. Don’t delay; call today.